Updated COVID-19 Information for MNA Kidney Transplant Patients
MNA recommends that patients who are immunocompromised, like kidney transplant patients, continue to wear a mask and social distance and to ask those around them to do the same, even if all parties are vaccinated against COVID-19.
Recently the FDA approved the COVID-19 vaccine booster shot for some immunocompromised patients, which included solid organ transplant recipients. Our transplant nephrologists are recommending the COVID booster vaccine for all of our transplant patients. The following guidelines should be adhered to:
- You must wait 28 days from your last vaccination
- If you initially received the Pfizer vaccine, you should receive the Pfizer booster
- If you received the Moderna vaccine, you should receive the Moderna booster
- J and J vaccine, currently we do not have any recommendations regarding boosters. We will update you as soon as we have any further information.
- The booster vaccine is available at select CVS and Walgreen’s facilities.
- In addition, Atrium is offering the booster dose to immunocompromised patients at all their urgent care locations. Use “My Atrium” to schedule.
Links for kidney transplant patients regarding COVID-19 vaccine: ATC COVID Marker for Vaccine Efficacy
Please click here for COVID19 Vaccine and General Information: https://www.metrolinanephrology.com/covid19/
Metrolina Nephrology Associates has 38 Board Certified
Nephrologists and 34 Advanced Practice Providers to meet the
needs of our patients.
KIDNEY DOCTOR CHARLOTTE KIDNEYDOCTOR NEPHROLOGY NEPHROLOGIST TRANSPLANT DIALYSIS METROLINA KIDNEY TRANSPLANT CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA NC GASTONIA MATTHEWS MINT HILL MINTHILL HUNTERSVILLE MOORESVILLE SALISBURY UNION MONROE CONCORD ARBORETUM FORT MILL SOUTHCAROLINA SC SOUTH CAROLINA KIDNEYTRANSPLANT ROCKHILL ROCK HILL METROLINA SHELBY CHERRYVILLE WINSTON SALEM DIALYSIS