The prevalence of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is more than 20 million people in the United States. CKD usually has no symptoms until it is in its advanced stages. Therefore, early recognition and treatment are essential. Optimal management of patients with CKD is imperative to delay the progression towards End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
Metrolina Nephrology Associates’ CKD Clinic offers a multi-disciplinary team, including nephrologists, nephrology nurse practitioners, nurses, and a renal dietician, who collaborate to improve the care and outcomes of patients with CKD. Our clinic goals include:
· Slowing the progression of kidney disease & protect
remaining kidney function.
· Medication review to assess for potential nephrotoxic
· Early recognition and management of associated
comorbid disorders including anemia, mineral bone
disorder, electrolyte imbalances, and hypertension.
· Cardiovascular risk factor reduction including lipid
management and smoking cessation.
· Early preparation for renal replacement therapy and
· Nutritional counseling.
· Educational sessions offered to patient and family
Click here for more helpful links and resources
regarding CKD and your kidney care.